Tascomp Policy – Privacy
Tascomp is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information that it may come into contact with as part of its day to day operations.
Tascomp provides products and services to organisations and does not as a norm deal with the general public. However, for a variety of reasons there are occasions where personal information is involved.
The Data Protection Act 1998 was superseded by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the 25th May 2018. This new legislation defines how organisations can use personal data i.e. information about to an identifiable living individual.
A fundamental cornerstone of GDPR is transparency and this policy explains:
• What information we gather
• How we use the information
• What are an individual’s rights in relation to GDPR
• How to contact us to exercise these rights
2. The Information We Gather
In order to conduct and manage our business on a day to day basis we inevitably gather information relating to individuals. As part of GDPR this processing is permitted as legitimate business interests, as it is fundamental to allowing us to give the best possible service.
The information we gather includes:
Customer contact details
- received when we are asked about our products and services
- received when downloading information from our websites
- received when responding to surveys
- received via email either directly or as a CC
- received as part of business administration e.g. accounts
- held by our systems at our customer’s sites and transferred to our Servers as part of our system support processes
Supplier contact details
- received when enquiring about products or services
- received when ordering products or services
- received via email either directly or as a CC
Employees and Job Applicants details
- received when applying for a role
- received as part of our office administration e.g. payroll
Employees family contact details
- received as part of our office administration e.g. in-service benefits
- captured when visiting Tascomp’s offices
- captured by our systems at our customer’s sites and transferred to our Servers as part of our system support processes
3. How We Use The Information
We use personal information to provide services, or products requested by the individual. This could be to:
• Process an order
• Communicate with the individual
• Give information and advice
• Provide a service
• Handle a complaint
• Process a job application
• Complete office administration functions
4. Who We Share The Information With
We do not sell personal information to any third parties.
For the purposes of conducting and managing our business we may share information with:
• Our trusted Systems Integrators and Distributors who provide customers with our products and services
• Associated organisations with whom we jointly provide products or services
• Organisations who deliver financial services to us
From time to time we may also exchange personal information with other organisations to reduce fraud and credit risk. We may also share information with our financial and legal advisers to obtain advice and protect our legal rights.
5. How Do We Protect Information
When we gather personal information, we use procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We also take appropriate measures to make sure the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, and up-to-date.
While we aim to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any sent by post, email or transmitted by other means.
We retain personal data in accordance with an individual’s / customer’s instructions and as required by applicable law. We may also retain certain information in order to conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations (and to demonstrate compliance) and to resolve disputes. However, we will not retain personal data for longer than reasonably necessary.
7. Your Rights
Individuals have the right to:
• Ask for a copy of personal information that we hold about them
• Ask for us to correct inaccuracies in personal information we hold about them
• Ask us to erase their personal information
• Ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information
• Object to us processing their personal information
To exercise these rights and/or make a complaint please email
The Data Protection Officer, Tascomp Limited, Newburgh Court, Belasis Hall Technology Park, Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees, TS23 4EE UK
In order for us to process a request it must include details of the nature of the request and the individual’s contact information. Evidence may be requested to prove identification. We will then respond within 30 days.
Further information regarding rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.